Computing – EYFS
In Reception, pupils will develop their knowledge and understanding of technology in everyday life.
They will be introduced to different types of technology in school, such as Ipads, laptops, phones, microwaves etc. Pupils will be encouraged to use technology to develop their painting skills and will explore using a camera to take photos and videos. They will also build on their understanding on how technology is used within the wider world, especially around people who help us.
All pupils will:
- Know how to operate simple equipment, e.g. turns on CD player and uses remote control
- Show an interest in technological toys with knobs or pulleys, or real objects such as cameras or mobile phones
- Show skill in making toys work by pressing parts or lifting flaps to achieve effects such as sound, movements or new images
- Know that information can be retrieved from computers
- Complete a simple program on a computer
- Use ICT hardware to interact with age-appropriate computer software
- Recognise that a range of technology is used in places such as homes and schools. They will select and use technology for particular purposes
Early Learning Goal:
- Children recognise that a range of technology is used in places such as homes and schools.
- They select and use technology for particular reasons.
- Children to have access to different types of technology in the classroom.
- Children to use Mini Mash/Purple Mash in different ways.
- Use Simple City resources to talk to children about how technology is used by people in different ways.
- Use the interactive white board like a big painting easel to explore all the painting tools and their effects using your fingers to paint with.
- Use the drag and drop activities in Simple city to create and make your own environments on the whiteboard.
- Use the PC to explore using the mouse to move things around on the screen and use the keyboard to become familiar with the using the keys.
- Use a tablet/iPad to take your own photos for Mashcams, explore using the camera on the tablet and making your own Mashcams.
- Use the tablet to drag and drop the pieces into place on Mini Mash jigsaws.
- Talk to the children about how they use different technology in school.
- Talk to children about how farmers, builders, gardeners, doctors and mechanics use technology